Sunday, September 30, 2012

Birthdays!

Our son's birthday was Friday.  He had to work.  So we went to his restaurant and had dinner with him before he started his shift.  We took a little cake too, although he would probably have preferred that we not bring ANY attention to him.  We didn't sing and all we did was have a meal and a slice of cake with him.  It was fun!

It's just my opinion but I think we need to have a birthday every day.

If we did, a few things would happen though.  Many of us would go broke buying cards and presents!  But most of all we'd all weigh a million pounds!

Today we had a small family party.  Our daughter and her family couldn't be here so there were only 8 of us.  As it turned out, everyone offered to bring things so there was little for us to do other than the prep for a meal-and cook the burgers!

My brother's wife asked if she could bring the cake.  She knew she'd have free time this weekend so I asked her to bring a chocolate cake with buttercream icing, which is my son's favorite.

She really went overboard!  It was, as I said on Facebook, THE BEST CAKE EVER!  (And if anyone asks, I think she should be given the title of the family cake baker!)  It's a good thing most of it went home with others because my efforts at losing that Italy weight would be destroyed!!

Birthdays can be a great thing, especially if you're young and the best cake-baker is making your cake!

It's just my opinion though...

3 comments:

  1. Maybe she can make your cake. I have a sinless chocolate one for you. S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wanting Chocolate with peanut butter icing... It's no sinless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if Amy wrote that last one, LOL! SHE loves chocolate with PB icing too!

    ReplyDelete